Are you passionate about the welfare of horses and ponies? Do you feel you can transfer your knowledge and skills to help us build a strong and diverse team? If yes, then look no further!
Lluest Horse and Pony Trust in one of only two National Equine Welfare Council members in Wales. Founded 36 years ago in 1985 by the late remarkable Ginny Hajdukiewicz, Lluest has now rescued over 400 ponies to date. Our mantra is rescue, rehabilitate and rehome – we strive to provide a place of safety to horses and ponies who have been victims of abandonment, cruelty and neglect on our 40-acre farm in the Brecon Beacons.
We are actively seeking a volunteer Treasurer who will sit on the Board and as an Officer of the Board alongside the Chair, to effectively manage our funds. Individual should have experience in:
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Managing budgets/accounts/charity funds
- Be able to liaise with accountants, office staff, suppliers and the Board.
- Understand short and long term budget planning and advise the Board accordingly.
- Be able to produce monthly spending reports for each meeting.
- You will be expected to attend monthly Trustee meetings, currently held via Zoom – usually held in Carmarthenshire.
- Work together with other trustees to satisfy tasks, strategic objectives and the future development of the charity.
- Support the core Trustee team and the Chair in satisfying governance, treasury and Charity Commission responsibilities.
- You will be part of a team moving Lluest towards becoming a centre of excellence for equine rescue, and a space where people can learn and gain a greater sense of self-worth through contact with horses and ponies in a biodiverse environment.
- You will be fully supportive of Lluest’s core aims and objectives, but you do not need to be an equine specialist.
Please note time commitment is not limited to monthly meetings.
Inclusion, diversity and representation within the Board is crucial for the work we do; hence we are always open to all individuals regardless of race, age, religion, identity and experience.
If you believe you could commit to making a difference and you are someone who meets any of the above criteria, please do get in touch for a trustee pack and an informal discussion.