We currently ask for a minimum donation of £80 to become a Guardian to a companion or young animal and £200 for a ridden animal. One of the many advantages of re-homing one of our rescues is that we will always honestly describe our horses and ponies regarding their health and behaviour, so rest assured there will be no nasty surprises once you have your new friend home. Our horses and ponies
have had a lot of time spent on training and assessment and will also be up to date with worming, dentist, farrier and tetanus vaccine. By re-homing from us not only are you offering a rescue pony a safe happy home but you are creating space for us to take in another rescue, thus you are helping to save two.
- If you are interested in becoming Guardian to a horse or pony you will first need to fill out a Lluest Loan Application Form and send it back to us, along with a reference from a vet, farrier, BHS approved yard owner or instructor. This will help us decide if we have a suitable horse or pony to match your experience and facilities. The more information you can give us at this stage the quicker the process, video’s and pictures of you riding can be useful for us to also assess your ability if you’re seeking a ridden horse or pony.
- Once we have matched you with your perfect horse or pony we’ll invite you to come and meet the re-homing team and your chosen equine. We can then answer any questions you may have to ensure that you’re confident about the commitment of becoming a Guardian to one of our equines. Depending on the equine we may ask you to take part in an initial riding or handling assessment to ensure you are a perfect match for your new horse or pony.
- A home visit is carried out by us to ensure your facilities are suitable for the particular needs of your prospective equine. If any adjustments are needed we are always happy to discuss these with you.
- We will introduce you to our formal agreement and request that you sign the document. We will also require see 2 forms of ID your driving licence or passport with your current address on and utility bill or similar dated within the last 3 months. After the agreement has been signed and the minimum donation paid arrangements are then made to move your new horse or pony to your home. You can arrange suitable safe transport for the horse or pony yourself or we may be able to transport at an agreed cost.
- You will then become part of our Guardian Home network with access to support and advice whenever needed. You can expect our re-homing team to visit you at regular intervals to ensure that all is well and both you and your horse or pony are enjoying each other’s company. You can of course contact us at any time should you have any questions or require further advice.